So let’s talk about Facebook ads you might be a student who has an interest to grow skills in Facebook Campaigning or maybe a Business Owner who wants to grow Business through Social Medial Promotions. Generally, we use Facebook for sharing our photos and daily life activity. Such as Check-ins at different locations or tagging our friends in random photos and videos. Sometimes to tease also just for fun.
Here’s a Question Why Facebook or Instagram Ads?
Understanding how Facebook Ads is becoming a main part of almost every social media strategy. And if you want to increase presence among customers you’ll have to pay for reach with Facebook Ads. Paid Ads or Sponsered Ads on Facebook seems to be one of the most effective ways to increase the reach of your content.
Like every Indian have heard “Jo Dikhta ha Wahi to Bikta ha”
In this article, we’ll share with you everything you need to know about Facebook Ads to get your campaigns up and running as well as all we’ve learned from our own experiences.…
Here the Simple Step by Step Guide to Advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
Step 1: Set some goals for your Facebook Ads
Before you jump in and create any adverts, it’s important to first think about why you’re doing ads and what’s your purpose to promote. By setting a few goals you are ready to hit campaigns for your business.
For example, If you are running a business and want to increase sales through campaigning. This will also help you when it comes to choosing the correct objective for your Facebook Ads campaign. Some more example goals could be:
- Increase traffic to my website from Facebook
- Increase attendance at my event
- Generate new leads
- Increase the reach of our content on Facebook
- Boost engagement for our Facebook Page
Step 2. Let’s go to Facebook Ads Manager
All of Facebook’s ad campaigns run through the Facebook Ads Manager tool, which you can access via a direct link at facebook.com/ads, or by clicking “Manage Ads” in the drop-down menu on your Facebook account.
Step 3. Choose your objective
Once you’re into the Facebook Ads Manager, you can go to the menu on the left-hand side of the page. To get started with your first ad, click the green button in the top-right corner of the page.
When you click to create a Facebook Ad, you’ll go to a page where you choose the different objectives for your campaign. There are 11 options for creating Campaign :
With Facebook, you have many different ways of approaching an ad campaign. These ways can typically fall within three categories of benefits:
Awareness helps to generate interest in your product or service:
- Boost your posts
- Promote your page
- Reach people near your business
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Increase your reach
Top tip: For small budgets, you can do awareness for business in Just Rs. 500 on a daily basis and can grow your audience reach by 3.2k to 9.1k people.
Reach Depends on Location, Age Group, and Budget
Objectives that get people to start thinking about your business and look for more information about it:
- Send people to engage your post
- Get installs of your app
- Raise attendance at your event
- Get video views
- Collect leads for your business
Objectives that encourage people interested in your business to purchase or use your product or service:
- Increase conversions on your website
- Increase engagement in your app
- Get people to claim your offer
- Promote a product or catalog
- Get people to visit your shops
Once you’ve selected the objective of your ad, then name your campaign:
Step 4: Set your audience and budget
Customizing your target audience
This step is to target the desired audience on the basis of followings steps:
- Location, starting with a country, state, city, zip code, or address.
- Age – 18+ to 65+ depends on your business profile.
- Gender – Male or female or both
- Interests – Facebook looks at a person’s interests, activity, the Pages they like, and closely related topics
- Behaviors – Things like purchase behavior and intent, as well as device usage
- Connections – Choose to show the ad to all people, who are connected to relevant groups.
Example: Choosing an audience for a GYM ad
Facebook gives you potential reach on the basis of your ad. You can define the reach by, choosing the following audience demographics:
- Location: Chandigarh
- Interests: Fitness
- Excluded: People who already like GYM Pages
- Age: 18-55+
- Language: English, Hindi, Punjabi
This gave us an estimated potential reach of 440,000 people. The estimated daily reach will be up to 2,500 to 7,100 people who are active users for our ad.
Setting your budget
Once you’ve selected your target audience, you next step to choose how much money to spend on your ad. When you set a budget, it’s important to remember the maximum amount you want to spend. You can also set your budget to Daily or Lifetime:
- Daily: A daily budget is an average that you’ll spend every day.
- Lifetime: A lifetime budget is a maximum that you’ll spend during the lifetime of your campaign.
Step 5: Create your advert
This is a creative and interesting part where you can show your skills in choosing best images for your campaign. Now it’s time to choose the images (or video), headline and description. For the text, you can write up to 90 characters to share a quick message that will appear above your image(s) or video.
There are two ways to create adverts: Using an existing post or creating a new advert. Here’s a quick look at both options.
Using an existing post
For certain types of adverts, such as boosting posts, you can create your ad using an existing post that’s already published on your Facebook Page. To do this, select the ‘Use Existing Post’ option from the Facebook Ads Manager dashboard. From here, you can select a page and post you want to boost.
Creating a new advert
If you’d like to create your advert, the first task is to select the format you’d like to use for your advert. Facebook will give you options to choose images or videos. Currently, facebook offers 5 various formats for adverts:
- Carousel: Create an advert with 2 or more scrollable images or videos
- Single image: Create up to 6 variations of your advert using 1 image
- Single video: Create an advert with one video
- Slideshow: Create a looping video advert with up to 10 images
- Canvas: Tell a more immersive story by combining images and videos
Note: The formats available to you will vary based on the objective you set for your advert.
Once the format is selected, you need to add the content to your advert (the images or videos). This part is very important to make your campaign looks attractive in Facebook’s or Instagram’s feeds.
The recommended image or video will be displayed on the right corner in the ads manager above the image.
- Recommended image size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Image ratio: 1.91:1
- To maximize advert delivery, use an image that contains little or no overlaid text. For the easy way use 80-20 ratio which means 80% image and 20% text on it.
- Format: .MOV or .MP4 files
- Resolution: at least 720p
- Recommended aspect ratio: widescreen (16:9)
- Facebook: 60 minutes max.
- Instagram: 60 seconds max.
Step 6: Choose your ad placements
Advert placement defines where your advert is shown and with Facebook Ads, you’re able to choose which locations your advert will appear in. Adverts may appear in Facebook’s mobile News Feed, desktop News Feed, and right column. You may also create ads to appear on Instagram.
Facebook recommends using the default placements for the objective you choose, which enables Facebook to deliver placements for you in order to get the best possible results at the cheapest overall average cost.
However, if you want to select your own placements, Facebook recommends the following choices, for your campaign objective:
- Increase brand awareness campaigns (including Reach & Frequency buying): Facebook and Instagram
- Boost your posts (including Reach & Frequency buying): Facebook and Instagram
- Get video views (including Reach & Frequency buying): Facebook and Instagram
- Get installs of your app: Facebook and Instagram
- Increase engagement in your app: Facebook
- Promote a product catalog: Facebook
- Increase conversions on your website: Facebook
- Send people to your website: Facebook
Step 7: Place your order
Now, your advert is ready to go. To submit your ad click the ‘Place Order’ button at the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Once your ad is submitted, it’ll be reviewed by Facebook before it’s put live (you’ll receive a confirmation email from Facebook once the ad is live).
These are simple 7 steps through which you can practice & master in facebook ads skills and run campaigns like a pro.